EASY STEPS FOR SUPER-HEALTHY SKIN IN THE COOL SEASON
Enjoying the cold without regrets for your skin
The end of year celebrations are coming closer at a great pace: gifts for loved ones to buy, reports to submit at work. Super cool temperatures outdoors, super-dry heated air indoors. And all those friends that ‘we have to meet before the end of the year’….Don’t forget about the right skin care in all this hustle and bustle!
‘Dry heating temperature can be a serious health threat -
not only to our noses and throats, but likewise to our skin.’
TIME TO TREAT YOURSELF: PAMPER YOUR SKIN!
Winter time – dry skin time:
- At temperatures below 8°C our skin stops sebum production
- Temperature differences between outdoors and indoors put extra stress on our skin
- Exposed skin areas such as face, hands and lips dry out quickly
Easy winter beauty tips:
- Equip all rooms where you spend a lot of time with humidifiers
- Avoid toners containing alcohol now, as they dry out skin even more
- Prefer water-in-oil creams over oil-in-water creams now (usually ‘night’ creams)
- Reduce the usage of peelings and masks (especially clay masks)
- Use a lip balm with beeswax or palm wax and/or jojoba oil and don’t lick your lips
- Watch out for these winter-friendly ingredients:
- Nonclogging oils
- Avocado oil / Primrose oil / Almond oil / Jojoba oil
- Nonclogging oils
- Glycerine / Sorbitol / Alpha-Hydroxy Acids
- Lavender / chamomile / jojoba
Winter lifestyle tips:
- When bathing or showering don’t use hot but rather lukewarm water (32°- 35°C)
- Drink even more now: plenty of water, herbal teas or fruit juices mixed with water
- Make sure to take in a balanced diet – rich in vitamins and minerals
- Get enough sleep, avoid smoking
- Minimize intake of alcohol (before/after those X-Mas & New Year’s parties…)
For the coolest seasons we recommend you to use a rich night cream also as day cream.
Try our rich 8-plants NAVI Revitalizing Hydro-Night Cream!